Senior Cloud Engineer - 100% Remote - Canada Canada - Remote
Our product development teams lead the ongoing evolution of multiple market leading products and services -- Nexus Repository and Nexus Lifecycle -- used by hundreds of thousands of developers, application security professionals, and legal staff across the world.
As a platform engineer, you will be a critical part of designing and delivering the next generation of cloud based software and services complimenting Sonatype’s market leading supply chain and open source software governance portfolio. You will develop the services and infrastructure needed to deliver mission critical customer facing solutions at massive scale. You will work closely with your teammates and product development to turn new and innovative ideas into reality.
- Software engineering experience; we primarily use Java.
- Database and data manipulation skills working with relational or non-relational models.
- Deep curiosity for how things work and desire to make them better.
- Some knowledge and experience with infrastructure as code (i.e. Terraform, CloudFormation, or equivalent).
- Experience developing distributed fault-tolerant services.
- Experience with Docker.
- Knowledge and experience with AWS (compute, networking, security, and scaling).
Nice to Haves
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative field.
- Experience with multi-region or hybrid cloud architectures.
- Experience with non-AWS cloud providers (Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure).
- Experience deploying to or managing Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience with Identity Management and Authentication solutions.
- Experience with messaging/streaming solutions such as Kafka.
- Experience working in a highly distributed environment, using modern collaboration tools to facilitate team communication.
- Experience in an Agile development environment.
No one is going to tell you when to get up in the morning, or dole out a bunch of small tasks for you to do every single day. Members of Sonatype's software development organization have to have the internal drive and initiative to make the product vision a reality. Flow should be the predominant state of mind.
We are looking for smart people, who get things done and that well in a team environment. We have a deeply strong team technically, though many places probably claim this. If you love working on and solving some of the most difficult software engineering challenges, you will love working here.
We are 300 employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We’re backed by world class investors including TPG, Goldman Sachs, Accel Partners, and HWVP. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know