Security Support Engineer Remote - US / Canada
More and more companies are using GitHub Enterprise, so the support team is growing. When our customers have problems, they contact us and it is our goal to help them as quickly and awesomely as possible. We're looking for Security Support Engineers to support our GitHub Advance Security product installed and managed in the customer's virtualization environment.
In this role, your main responsibility will be to work with our customers via web interface, email, phone and chat to solve support tickets. Tickets are usually opened by system administrators and security experts at customers end. Typical pre-install requests can include, requests for help in installing, configuring or integrating the product with the customer’s internal systems. Post installation issues could also require investigating load or networking issues, debugging application errors, and discussing feature requests.
You'll also work with our engineering team to prioritize issues and development, and our documentation team to improve customer-facing resources. You don’t need to be a security expert, but you do need to have technical experience and a passion for helping people. GitHub works remotely and asynchronously as much as possible. While this role does not require you to live near our office, it will require some travel to meet with co-workers or attending company events. This role may also require working non-standard working hours, including on-call and work during weekends and holidays.
- Installing, using, and troubleshooting GitHub Advance Security products
- Troubleshooting common customer systems (e.g. builds)
- Troubleshooting CodeQL problems (explain false positive, explain missing results)
- Creating workarounds for issues with no immediate fix
- Diagnosing, fixing, and tracking bugs
- Advising customers on how best to deploy + rollout GitHub Advance Security software
- Advocate and advise customers on GitHub products including QL
- Working closely with Engineering, Product and Sales teams
- Share status and progress on projects and customers with Support leadership
- Create documentation/ KB articles to share knowledge with the team.
- Technical expert on advanced security for support team
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in direct customer advocacy and engagement roles, post-sales or professional services functions.
- Hands on experience working with enterprise deployments including clusters and complex orchestrations (e.g. Ansible, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Strong command line experience; preferably as a Linux System Administrator with familiarity with production-level virtual machine (e.g., VMware ESX, Xen, KVM)
- Proficiency and ability to understand and update code and scripts (Shell, Bash, Ruby and others)
- Knowledge of security principles with ability to identify common security problems (owasp top 100) in code.
- Experience with declarative programming: haskell, datalog, etc.
- Interest in program analysis or compilers
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1940693