Search - Product Designer Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Swiftype is a growing team of talented search engineers with a range of experiences and backgrounds. As an Integrations Engineer at Swiftype, you will take on a variety of responsibilities that will range from building example applications to showcasing the power and flexibility of the Swiftype Search platform. You'll communicate directly with customers in order to intuitively assess their needs, helping them to achieve their search goals while also refining our developer tools and knowledge base. If you see yourself as much a teacher as a coder, this position will be a terrific fit for you.
- Excellent practical judgement. You should know how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with REST/JSON APIs.
- Experience gathering requirements from modern design tools, like Sketch, Figma, and InVision.
- Experience working in version controlled projects. We use Git.
- Experience using browser tools to test, profile, and debug modern web applications.
- Experience working from the command line.
- Excellent communication skills.
Qualifications & Experience: (the more the better)
- 2+ years experience as a front-end web developer.
- A passion for user experience and crafting intuitive interactions on the web.
- Experience creating and documenting code examples.
- Familiarity with Open Source projects and communities.
- Experience writing technical blog posts and presenting at conferences.
- Exposure to MVC frameworks, like Ruby on Rails and Django.
- Experience working with popular CMSes, like Wordpress and Craft.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you. Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, CodePen profile, links to personal projects, etc.
- Deeply competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Distributed-first company with employees all over the world, some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1406814