Search - Engineering Team Lead Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans over 100 countries.
The Search Solutions engineering team has personality; it is a wise, light, experienced group in both software and life. We are seeking a curious, stable, seasoned person to help the team grow, and grow with us, as we develop engaging search solutions on top of the Elastic Stack.
Are you a maker at heart, who understands the delicacy required to solve hard technical problems and grow creative spaces? Have you mapped the relationships between large scale communication structures and large scale technical systems? In leadership, have you walked the fine line between guidance and control? If so, we would love to meet you!
What you will be doing
- Lead and mentor a distributed team of experienced engineers
- Help oversee the operation of a large SaaS service
- Lead multiple software projects simultaneously
- Work with Product Management to define projects and plans
- Remove barriers blocking the team
- Participate in interviewing and help drive hiring
- Hold 1-on-1s and develop performance evaluations for direct reports
- Help individuals grow and the team be successful
- Be a respectful, communicative teammate
What you will bring along
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years as a hands-on software engineer so you understand the core principles of the engineering work that is going on in your team
- 5+ years experience leading teams of software engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ego-free attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company
- Empathy, transparency, and a good sense of humor
Experience/interest in some of these areas would be nice:
- Deploying and operating SaaS in production
- Delivering on-premise software
- Search applications
- Development of web applications
- Open source projects and companies
- Containers (docker, kubernetes, etc)
- Communication and organization in large, distributed teams
We're looking to hire team members invested in realising the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1457018