Salesforce Developer Distributed, Global
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Business Systems Overview
We’re always on the search for amazing people. The Business System Team consists of people who have real passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. We reflect the larger company philosophy, to solve data problems, but focus internally on the systems we build and the internal partners we support. Agile in our processes, we strive to push the boundaries of our best-of-breed platforms to build a world-class systems operation. Our team thinks smart, strategic and scalable, and will push you to do the same.
We are looking to hire a Salesforce Developer to join the team. As Elastic has grown, our Salesforce environment continues to scale with it. We'd like to hire an awesome developer to help meet the needs of our customers (internal & external) and think of ways to solve problems using Salesforce and other platforms that have never been done before. You will not be sitting in the corner writing code. You will be working collaboratively with our business partners and the rest of our Business Systems team to build solutions that 1. Make an impact 2. Enable us to scale our operations to match our explosive growth 3. Reflect a fundamental understanding of business problems + the ideal technical solution.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Writing, testing, and deploying efficient and maintainable code (no hacks) to craft the technical solutions that enable people’s lives to be easy
- Building design documents that outline the technical spec and how you will achieve the goals of each project
- Interviewing business users (Marketing, Sales, Support, Finance) to understand the areas where their jobs are hard and how you can make it easier
What You Bring Along:
- Have 3+ years of Salesforce development and customization experience, including experience with APEX, Visualforce, Lightning Components and Salesforce APIs
- Have used the Salesforce Service Cloud, Sales Cloud and Community Cloud platforms in the past
- Think in terms of simplicity and scalability when implementing solutions. No overengineering needed
- Have a knack for listening and interpreting user requirements and then turning them into technical realities
- Experience with Agile development practices and a sprint delivery model
- Experience with the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Experience with Salesforce DX / Continuous Integration environments with Salesforce
- Salesforce.com Developer or Advanced Developer certification
- Being awesome <3
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Our search might be focused in certain areas, but we are looking for great talent across the globe/region and we will consider candidates that are not residing in the locations listed below.
Target Locations: Austin, TX; Denver, CO; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; London, UK;
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable lae.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1538647