Sales Director, (Public Sector) - DACH Germany
Elastic is the world's leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security, and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash open source projects, Elastic's global community has more than 80,000 members across 45 countries, and since its initial release. Elastic's products have achieved more than 100 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organisations, including Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, The New York Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia, use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power mission-critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. Elastic is backed by more than $104 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA; has headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and Mountain View, California; and has over 800 employees in more than 32 countries around the world.
Our Ideal Field Sales Public Sector Candidate
You are an aggressive self-starter. You communicate an inspired and optimistic vision and win over colleagues, customers, and business partners alike with your effective communication skills. You are known for your strong prospecting capabilities, operational experience, ability to qualify opportunities, and effective time-management. You have worked in depth with public sector clients and know what it takes to be successful in that environment. You thrive in an independent role but also value collaboration. In addition, you have the following attributes:
- Direct experience in the DACH public sector (Federal, State, Local)
- Knowledge of the purchase cycles and ecosystem associated with government tenders
- Ability to build consultative relationships with our customers and users to establish trust
- Ability to communicate our value proposition to Developers and Executives alike
- Innovative vision and foresight to anticipate and create new opportunities
- Solid ability to communicate with a Dev/Ops audience on a daily basis
- Deep understanding for how to leverage partners to be successful in the public sector
To develop and execute a strategic and comprehensive business plan for the Public Sector revenue growth, including identifying core customers and mapping the benefits of Elasticsearch solutions to the business requirements. Striving to understand the customer’s organizational structure and work to achieve alignment. To take full responsibility for regular quarterly revenue delivery for Public Sector accounts, and facilitation of sales enablement within the Public Sector. Where appropriate, coaching partners, accessing resources within Elasticsearch to support them on specific opportunities, with the goal of building sufficient capacity to meet customers’ demand for Elasticsearch-related services and skills. This is an independent contributor role but as the first person "on the ground", this is an excellent opportunity to grow this vertical into its own business unit. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Direct sales as well as sales management for the Public Sector
- Develop detailed sales/marketing plans and sales forecasts for Public Sector
- Manage time and work flow and create effective call plans
- Build an partner Eco-system that will drive success in the region
- 7 – 10+ years of successful enterprise software sales
- 7+ years experience with Public sector / Government
- Strong Public Sector ecosystem network
- A proven track record of over-quota achievement
- Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge of Big Data, Cloud, Systems Infrastructure, Enterprise application Integration, Database and/or Data warehouse concepts and products preferred
- Bi lingual, German and English
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- A fun environment to work hard and play harder
- Passionate people building great products.
- We don’t mind where you live, we care you can do the job.
Target locations: Munich, Germany; Frankfurt, Germany; Berlin, Germany; Dusseldorf, Germany; Stuttgart, Germany; Nuremberg, Germany; Dortmund, Germany; Hanover, Germany; Bremen, Germany; Hamburg, Germany; Bavaria, Germany
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1122362