QA Engineer Worldwide
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. Percona provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can throw at you. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries and a great experience of working on a multinational team of experts.
Percona is looking for two flexible and efficient QA Engineers to join it's QA team. You will work from your home office, using online tools and resources to contribute to a high quality QA environment for Percona and it's customers. One a year travel is required (yearly meeting). Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is required. Flexible work hours. Friendly team. Equipment is provided.
We decided to hire two engineers. Engineers often work on various projects and share the load of the team. Still, the two roles do have specific focus areas as follows;
The second engineer will have a more devops oriented role, scripting and automating testing solutions, with a strong focus on our backup solutions.
* Evaluate new features and product releases based on a QA plan, locating product issues & bugs.
* Formulate QA plans for new features with assistance from, and for review by, the director of QA.
* Assist with the implementation and automation of various QA projects.
* Assist clients with implementing various items relating to their QA environment.
* Monitor, and analyze/log failures for; automated regression, performance, and various other QA related jobs.
* Good process/task automation skills
* Previous exposure to database-related enterprise-scale QA, or suitable similar experience like for example in a developer or senior support role.
* Good communicator and fluent in written and spoken English.
* Working knowledge of at least one virtualization or containerization software like Docker, AWS, VirtualBox, OpenVZ, KVM, VMWare.
*Good Linux command line and Bash shell and/or Python scripting skills
Desired Skills (in order of priority)
* Proven success working in a distributed environment where email, Slack and voice calls are the only interactions with others on a daily basis.
* Tertiary studies degree or certifications relevant to core skills.
* Previous experience or proficiency with one or more of these: Jenkins, JIRA, sysbench, software packaging, pquery.
* Supplemental MySQL technologies: XtraDB, XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, NDB Cluster, third-party storage engines & appliances, etc.
* Experienced in Linux systems administration, including suitable expertise with file systems, hardware, and networking.
* Experience with open-source development methodologies & licensing.
* Multi-threaded shell scripting skills and/or golang coding skills.
* Experience with building MySQL and/or other products from source.
* Proficiency with at least one debugging or core analysis tool like gdb, strace, windbg etc.
Location: Remote, work from home role, worldwide.
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA company and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
Vacancy page : http://jobs.jobvite.com/percona/job/o6Zv7fwr