Procurement/Strategic Sourcing Manager - Marketing and Events San Francisco, CA (HQ)
GitHub is looking for an experienced Procurement/Strategic Sourcing Manager who is an effective negotiator that can wear multiple hats and make immediate impact by building strong relationships across all of GitHub’s business units. This position will report directly to the Head of Procurement at GitHub.
- Build strategic partnerships and trust across all Marketing business units at GitHub and attend meetings with all vendor negotiations
- Lead new Marketing vendor initiatives. You are the PM between Legal, Finance, Accounting, Business Systems, departmental business units, and other key business partners in the procurement process. This includes supplier selection, contract/pricing negotiations but not limited to redlining contract business terms, Coupa Administration, and contract management
- Manage RFPs and process when required
- Evaluate company spend on a regular basis to help prioritize sourcing initiatives and saving opportunities
- Develop best of breed procurement process to drive savings & efficiencies
- Continually advise and evangelize to business partners on procurement process
- Partner closely with Legal Team and lead vendor negotiations
- 5-7 years of strategic sourcing management experience in Marketing, and Professional Services
- Demonstrated success in sourcing and delivery of complex contracts
- Exceptional relationship building skills that include experience working with and influencing senior management and comfort negotiating with senior executives from the vendors’ side
- Motivated problem solver and strategic thinker, along with strong data and analytical skills
- Strategic negotiator with tremendous experience in pricing and business terms
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Expertise across the full lifecycle of strategic sourcing and corporate procurement activities including sourcing strategies, RFP development & analysis, supplier selection, contract negotiations, contract preparation, and review and analysis
- Ability to manage conflict and lead to resolution
- Expert knowledge business related contract terms and conditions
- Expert knowledge of procurement policies, processes, and supporting tools
- Experience with Coupa, NetSuite, and Concur is a big plus
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year accredited University
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too. GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1848134