Privacy Engineer United States
Company: Wikimedia Foundation
Privacy is one of the core values of the Wikimedia Foundation and you will be joining the team responsible for providing technical and governance security solutions to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Wikimedia applications. This is your opportunity to participate in and provide security and privacy solutions so together we can create a world in which everyone can freely share in the sum of all knowledge.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate privacy vulnerabilities.
- Conduct internal and external privacy audits
- Provide support for security and privacy incidents or events
- Evaluate current organizational privacy risk profile
- Identify improvement areas and provide organization wide privacy awareness training.
- Work with teams to ensure they make safe, compliant, design and architectural decisions
- Work with legal to evaluate current and upcoming privacy initiatives and laws
- Work across the foundation to implement Privacy by Design
- Understanding of best practices in data handling and privacy
- Software engineering experience
- Experience in policy creation and enforcement
- Data Anonymization
- Experience in Incident Response
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field or the equivalent in work related experience
- Wikimedia community experience
- Interest in/passion for all things open source
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that supports Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply
Benefits & Perks *
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 19 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
* for benefits eligible staff, benefits may vary by location
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/1208482