Market Development Manager - The Netherlands Worldwide
About the role
Shopify is looking for someone to join our team with the aim of growing Shopify’s international market presence and developing a strategy for our growing community in The Netherlands. As a Market Development Manager, you will play an integral role in supporting our partners which includes web designers, agencies, consultants, app developers and marketers —part of Shopify’s global strategy to become the backbone for all commerce, as well as assist with product and business development gaps in order to improve the product market fit for your region.
Shopify's brand is new here, so you will need to work closely with the in-country team to build awareness, improve product fit and drive merchant growth. This person will deliver value to Shopify through an understanding of ecommerce in The Netherlands, drawing on their creativity to build relevant and highly effective partnerships while seeing ideas through to execution.
As of today, Shopify has over 800,000 merchants in 175+ countries using our software to set up and run their businesses across multiple sales channels including: web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops and this role is critical to helping us Make Commerce Better for Everyone in The Netherlands. The ideal candidate will be based out of Amsterdam and will have the ability to travel, throughout the country as well as internationally.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Identifying localization product gaps and working with our R&D teams to help make Shopify better for merchants everywhere
- Communicating with teams across Shopify as the local expert for The Netherlands
- Building relationships with our top existing partners and giving them the tools they need to help Shopify merchants grow their businesses
- Identify and develop new strategic partnerships (agencies, affiliates, apps, government, marketplaces, etc.)
- Leading marketing and business development initiatives to increase the brand awareness of Shopify
- Running growth experiments to increase our merchant and partner acquisition
- Setting targets, executing and reporting on various co-marketing campaigns, go-to-market strategies, and partner training initiatives
- Initiating and participating in discussions across functional teams within Shopify including: Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Growth, and Finance to execute on various opportunities and share failures / lessons learned as we constantly seek to improve
You’ll need to have:
- Hustle, and lots of it!
- Strong understanding of the Dutch e-commerce or retail landscape (e.g. retail, payments, logistics, agencies)
- Developed and led critical initiatives working alongside other functional teams: product, finance, legal, and marketing.
- Experience in partner management, sales, channel partnerships, business development either in an agency or product company
- Adaptability in a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable with making data-informed decisions
- An entrepreneurial mind which is target driven
- Ability to travel regularly for work
- Entrepreneurial mind; if you’ve started a business of your own before that would be great!
- Experience using any of the following tools: Tableau, Zendesk, Salesforce, Github, Hubspot and Mode. Don’t worry if some of this tech is new to you - we provide great on the job training :)
- Technical skills and understanding for website development technologies
- Experience in event or sponsorship management
- Strong communication skills in Dutch (both written and oral)
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Luke is looking forward to reading your application!