Manager, Support Training & Enablement United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for a Manager to oversee the Support Training & Enablement team. In this role, you’ll help us scale and grow to deliver an extraordinary onboarding and continued training experience for Twilio support personnel. We are looking for a people-person who’s passionate about the evolution, development, and delivery of training & enablement, mentoring and developing staff, with the ability to work cross functionally for the betterment of L&D across the company. This role joins the Support Strategy & Enablement team reporting to the Director and is a critical position in supporting Twilio's continuing growth.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leadership and consistently strong performance. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in management of a technical training team in a web-based software or SaaS company.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), especially in a technical training environment.
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into understanding the current training methodologies and framework and bring new insights and experience for continued growth and advancement to the program.
- Instructional design theory and models for course design,
- Instructor led training in person and virtual,
- Learning Management systems and SCORM,
- Media editing for audio, video, and presentations,
- Experience with Storyline 360 and/ or Adobe Captivate
- High comfort level working with technical engineers with exposure to Enterprise, SaaS, or communications technology.
- Ability to lead a team to effectively develop and achieve the desired performance outcomes (performance, teamwork, collaboration, KPI reporting/analysis, frameworks, daily management tasks, training & enablement strategies, etc.)
- A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
As a Support Training Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Iterate and improve upon best-in-class technical training enablement and onboarding, processes and policies. Maintain a mentality of continuous improvement for development and evolution of new and existing training to prepare agent readiness for product knowledge and job responsibilities.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Continue to build out a scalable workflow for training enablement and onboarding
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Support and maintain high morale among the team.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Oversee the day-to-day operations of a technical training team; responsible for hiring, scheduling, formal training, informal coaching, career development and performance management.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Work with a team to create and maintain scalable training using presentations, written audio, and video deliverables working with product support specialists to onboard/train on products, support techniques, and customer service skills.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Be proactive in maintaining knowledge and running training resources to deliver to timelines for critical training
The Support Strategy & Enablement team is essential to the continued growth of Twilio’s Global Support organization. We work closely with support delivery to ensure these teams are enabled to perform the daily work of an agent to service our customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2452141