Manager, Go-to-Market Technology & Operations Distributed, AMER
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats - we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 37 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Thanks to our ongoing expansion, we are seeking a Manager, Tech & Ops to join our Sales Strategy & Operations team. In this position, you will lead a number of signature technology projects supporting our Customer Success and Services organizations. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to interact with a broad variety of partners from the training and consulting teams, the renewals organizations, IT, sales, support, and marketing, and you’ll author technologies, processes, and procedures that make our post-sales functions elegant and efficient.
What you will be doing:
- Salesforce feature requests and documentation: you will collaborate with analysts and partners to craft and prioritize feature requests, and then shepherd them through development and testing.
- Build project plans and develop enablement and change management efforts for major projects and releases. You are comfortable steering partners and passionate about mentoring analysts through the delivery process.
- You will provide expertise and standard methodologies on our services implementation, with special focus on features that allow our consulting and training teams to schedule resources, lead projects, evaluate courses and utilization, and forecast effectively.
- Become an authority of our customer journey. Define features and process changes which improve our customer experience, both for subscription customers and our training and services customers, and which make the teams that support those groups more efficient, productive, and effective.
- Serve as a technical mentor and partner to analysts and stakeholder groups within field operations.
- Help craft a sales technology center of excellence, particularly in regards to post-sales. You document not for documentation’s sake, but to inform, enable, and educate a broad, distributed audience on the workings of our go-to-market teams and the tools they use to do their jobs successfully.
- Contribute to prioritization of technology efforts across all of the field operations portfolio.
What you bring along:
- 5+ years of experience working with Salesforce.com. Strong past exposure to Financialforce PSA or a similar professional services automation tool. You’re also a power-user of Excel, Powerpoint, process documentation tools, and data loaders.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, and you're comfortable interacting with senior leaders. Because of your familiarity with agile development / sprint planning and your understanding of the software development lifecycle, you’re used to negotiating priorities and trade-offs.
- You have an ability to diagnose and troubleshoot issues with a customer-first, positive approach, and you design with compassion and a mind for simplicity and scale.
- You're an excellent teammate, with the ability to work in a dynamic environment that is fast-paced, where requirements and circumstances evolve quickly. You're more than capable of stabilizing your daily tasks along with major projects.
- You're self-motivated, able to work remotely and independently.
- Preferred: Salesforce Reporting & Dashboard experience / Advanced Admin certification
- Preferred: Experience as a business analyst, administrator, project manager, architect, product manager, or in a sales strategy or sales operations role, particularly in support of Sales, Services, or Customer Success / Renewals organizations.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1550840