IT Generalist Tokyo, Japan
GitHub's IT team is growing! We're looking for someone to join our internal IT department in Tokyo to help our global workforce!
At GitHub, an IT Generalist is a person that can prioritize making things happen, dedicating themselves to the support of all Hubbers. We want someone who is passionate about IT, self-motivated, and who will find clever ways of helping us work better, together.
If you're comfortable working on a broad set of IT projects, organized with gear and finances, and interested in streamlining our current processes (i.e. working smarter, not harder), please read on. If you enjoy working closely with people, want to level up your IT skills, and would be excited about building up and owning what internal IT looks like at GitHub this role might be a great match!
This position is located in our office in Tokyo, Japan and is not considering remote candidates.
- Triaging issues from employees on Zendesk, and troubleshooting with individuals one-on-one both in-person and over Slack/Zoom
- Assisting on-boarding of new hires in region when necessary (setting up laptops, provisioning access, answering questions)
- Assisting the Workplace Experience Team with office management and expansion projects
- Providing support for services such as video conferencing, remote access, internal products, and mobile technology
- Apple mobile device management (macOS, iOS)
- Front line for network problems, working with and learning from our network experts
- Managing access to third-party software (e.g. Okta, Google Apps, Box, etc.)
- Providing remote hands support for our security and networking teams
- A/V Support for general troubleshooting, conference rooms (Zoom) and live events
- Purchasing and managing assets (computers, monitors, software licenses, etc)
- Strong written English skill, conversational English speaking skill, and Native Japanese
- Experience supporting a company's IT operation
- Service-oriented mindset and the ability to empathize with a wide range of technical experience
- Experience troubleshooting macOS, Windows, and Linux environments
- Experience with networking
- Exposure to scripting and software development
- Must be legally authorized to reside and work in Japan
- Knowledgeable when it comes to git and the GitHub workflow
- Experience with SAML based single sign-on solutions
- Exposure to networking and information security
- Experience with A/V support
- Some experience working in a remote-heavy, distributed company
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/2024373