Intelligence Analyst, Iran United States
CrowdStrike Intelligence, a core component of CrowdStrike, is seeking an Intelligence Analyst with Farsi language skills, and knowledge in Iran’s current political and transnational issues, to focus on analysis of targeted intrusion cyber actors and adversaries linked to Iran. This position serves as an important role dedicated to analyzing and producing finished intelligence reports on actors, adversaries, geopolitical developments, and transitional issues in Iran. It also serves as an important role providing geopolitical context supporting the technical analysis of campaigns and threat data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify current and emerging cyber threats and trends on a variety of pre-determined cyber security topics by researching & analyzing raw intelligence that includes some technical information.
- Research, assess and report on threat actor and adversary capabilities and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs).
- Research, analyze and compose reports, including threat estimates, related to Iranian geopolitical, cyber security, and transnational events/issues.
- Discover sources for Iranian threat actors, while vetting the credibility of those sources.
- Conduct and report trend/correlation analysis and scenario forecasting at both the tactical and strategic level.
- Collaborate with different teams within the Intelligence team and/or larger CrowdStrike organization, to provide regional expertise and analysis to various types of reporting.
- 4+ years’ experience in an intelligence reporting environment, creating finished intelligence products that range from brief, quick-turn around warning products to in-depth strategic products.
- Ability to understand Farsi with high proficiency, particularly reading.
- Experience researching, assessing and writing finished intelligence reporting on targeted intrusion cyber threat actors, adversary campaigns and hacktivist actors supporting government objectives.
- Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts (in English) verbally, graphically, and in writing. Excellent writing skills are mandatory.
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive, practical knowledge of research/collection skills and analytic tradecraft methods.
- Understanding of current geopolitical and transnational events and issues surrounding Iran.
- General understanding of technical terminology and tactics employed by cyber threat actors.
- Ability to vet open-source regional media sources.
- Additional languages from the Middle East region a plus (Turkish, Arabic), however, Farsi is required.
- Ability to utilize Maltego, i2, or similar tools to create both working-level and presentation-grade visualization charts.
- Undergraduate degree or military training and experience in cyber intelligence, general intelligence studies, security studies, political science, international relations, etc.
- Other technical security certifications or academic background a plus.
- Formal language training or native language knowledge resulting in high proficiency, especially for reading, is required.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/crowdstrike/job/obbC7fwP