Head of Revenue Operations (Tumblr) Worldwide
Tumblr launched in 2007 with the belief that people need a place to say what they want, be who they want, and connect over what they love. We continue to build out Tumblr as a platform for free expression, individuality, and human connection. That’s why we need smart, humble, funny people to keep Tumblr growing. We’re big enough to give you the resources you need and still small enough that you can work on things that matter. Come work with us!
We are looking for a Head of Revenue Operations to join our team!
The Head of Revenue Operations will drive cross-functional collaboration to close gaps in the customer experience, drive operational excellence and insights, and improve revenue for Tumblr. You will lead the entire sales and advertising operations department, supervising all of its activities. Last but not least, you will lead a team that includes ad operations, sales research, sales finance, and sales development specialists.
- Lead a high-performance team growing our monetization platform.
- Provide thought leadership across the organization on key goals and metrics to ensure successful build and rollout of a monetization platform.
- Define processes for the successful execution of advertising campaigns across our full-stack, ensuring revenue growth and renewals.
- Demonstrate technical expertise and build commercialization processes for growth across our Programmatic, Native, Creatr, and Video solutions.
- Scale operations team in close partnership with Product, Engineering, and Sales to provide “outstanding, world-class service at scale”.
- Launch and lead processes to build and scale partnerships across vendors to help accelerate Tumblr’s revenue growth.
- Lead Yield Management teams to ensure maximum possible margin opportunities for Tumblr.
- Partner with new CRO to fully develop a Revenue Operations process, plan, and key success metrics. Collaborate closely with leadership, finance, and product to set team revenue performance targets.
- Have 10+ years of experience in the advertising ecosystem, some of those in leadership capacity leading operations teams.
- Use both quantitative and qualitative data influencing senior partners to drive strategy.
- Are a strong proactive communicator who has experience building teams from scratch and leading high-performance teams.
- Are compassionate leader who knows how to empower and grow a diverse and inclusive team.
- You are a strong problem solver who can enable quick execution and iteration.
- Possess a growth attitude to constantly learn and develop.
- Are a cross-team collaborator, able to effectively work with teams across multiple departments, time zones, and functions.
- Are a sales strategist who understands the marketplace, the product, and what it takes to move the needle with clients.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team and why you’d like to join Tumblr.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.