Growth Marketing Strategist Worldwide
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency in New York. We work with growing brands to build digital platforms and launch marketing campaigns. Clients include KIND Snacks, Barnes & Noble, Wanderlust, Well+Good, Columbia University, and Scholastic as well as various emerging consumer lifestyle brands.
We are looking for an experienced and talented individual to join our Growth Marketing Team. The Growth Marketing Team supports Barrel’s clients by providing research, recommendations, strategic planning, and execution on digital marketing initiatives that directly enhance and optimize the client’s business performance. The Growth Marketing Team collaborates closely with clients and other Barrel team members to find ways to increase ecommerce sales, email sign-ups, and brand reach across different channels.
The Growth Marketing Strategist will help Barrel partners develop high-level marketing strategies for our various client accounts. This will include close collaboration with our clients to develop business forecasts and paid media budgets. The Growth Marketing Strategist will also mentor and guide our Growth Marketing Analysts in campaign planning, reporting, and problem-solving across various challenges including web analytics, social media, paid media, conversion optimization, and customer retention.
Please do not apply if you do not have extensive prior experience providing strategic guidance and insights to clients. We are looking for well-versed individuals who’ve worked closely and led conversations with ecommerce and marketing directors, marketing VPs, and other leaders of client organizations.
- Strategy development: experience putting together comprehensive marketing strategy plans that detail activities across various channels as well as establishment of KPIs
- Brand marketing: deep understanding of brand positioning and messaging as well as translating a brand’s story into effective marketing campaigns
- Email marketing: experience planning and running email campaigns on platforms such as MailChimp, Klaviyo, and Bronto
- Ecommerce: understanding of ecommerce platforms such as Shopify and Magento
- Web analytics: understand how to implement and draw insights from Google Analytics and other web analytics software; understand segmentation, conversions, and user behavior metrics
- Paid search / paid social: experience running paid search (especially AdWords) and paid social (especially Facebook) campaigns including keyword/ad copy planning
- SEO: understand search engine page rankings and optimizing for better results; experience using tools such as Google Search Console, SEMRush, Moz, or Raventools
- Conversion rate optimization: experience running A/B tests, creating landing pages, and improving overall conversion rates
What we’re looking for
- At least 5-7 years experience working in an agency or corporate environment with exposure to digital marketing and ecommerce
- Analytical and detail-oriented with an affinity for crunching data to surface insights; must have excellent command over Excel as well as extensive experience in using business intelligence tools
- Strong communication skills especially in explaining complex concepts in an understandable manner
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills; this position will require a great deal of client-facing communications
- Tech-savvy and quick to pick up new software tools
What you’re excited about
- Helping to grow and develop processes within our Growth Marketing Team and company-wide
- Collaborating closely with talented team members on fast-paced projects that see immediate impact
- Advising new and exciting brands on their marketing and ecommerce activities and working directly with the client to roll out enhancements and new campaigns
- Generating fresh and creative ideas on ways to raise the profile of the brand and to turn audiences into new customers
Barrel offers competitive salary, health/dental/vision coverage, TransitChek, paid vacation, free lunch daily, and a professional development stipend. Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
To apply, please fill out our online job application here. We will not accept applications that do not come through the online application form.