Global Workplace Operations and Project Lead Distributed, EMEA
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
As part of the wider G&A Global Operations Team, the Global Workplaces Team is a relatively new department within Elastic with responsibility for real estate, capital project management, facilities & office operations, environmental health & safety, corporate security and enterprise risk management. With significant growth across the company and regions, we support 34 offices globally, with expansion plans over the next 3 years taking this to ~70 locations.
This role will be located in one of our EMEA entity countries: The Netherlands, UK, Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway.
What You Will Be Doing:
To support our continued growth, we are looking for a strong, experienced Global Workplace Operations and Project Lead to join our team and drive the development and management of our operations teams globally, through our regional operations managers and coordinators. In addition, the role will take responsibility for the program planning, design and construction of our capital projects.
You will become the central hub of our team globally for all operational and project matters, acting as our key client project lead and internal customer relationship manager during new office openings and relocations. This is very much a self starter role where you will switch between daily, business as usual activities, procuring and managing vendor partners, through tactical planning of projects and operations, right through providing input to the Global Workplaces budget and strategy plans.
This position is suited to an experienced people and process leader, with a strong background in design, construction and engineering on the international stage. Your experience will give you the confidence to adapt your own ways of working and thinking to fit with a fast paced tech company. Someone who is passionate about continuing their career in a dynamic and growing organization, where a “roll up your sleeves” attitude is much valued. You will be a strong communicator with a positive can-do attitude and able to demonstrate proactivity, taking initiative where needed.
Due to the wide geographical spread of our locations, while relying on your regional operations leads where possible, you will be expected to travel frequently, particularly to locations with active projects.
Real Estate Portfolio Planning & Management:
- Support the planning process to inform portfolio and location strategy.
- Track headcount growth, occupancy / utilisation and lease critical dates information to build short, medium and long term project plan.
- Site search & selection process; develop and apply technical due diligence surveys.
Capital Project Delivery:
- Own the annual and 3 year capital plan; annual approval flow and planning cycle.
- Financial reporting: periodic plan v actuals v forecast updates, cashflow reports.
- Development and understanding of planning and execution process of a capital project; to include business case approval flow.
- Manage the relationship with our global design and program management partners.
- Strong knowledge of building engineering, fit out methods, furniture, finishes, equipment.
- Own the real estate fixed asset register, updating and reporting.
- Act as client project lead and produce periodic steering group / executive project reports.
Facilities & Workplace Operations:
- Manage, support and develop regional and local workplace resources.
- Develop and implement a clear scope of works for workplace operations.
- Set up an operations Playbook to capture all operational policies & procedures to ensure a consistent level of service delivery.
- Effectively promote the role of our workplace operations teams to internal communities.
- Scope, source and manage vendors as required for facilities and related activities.
- Build a clear, concise relationship model with HR, Finance, Events / Marketing.
Environment, Health & Safety:
- Manage compliance with Health & Safety requirements and sustainability as they apply to capital projects and day to day operations.
- Corporate Security:
- Ensure CCTV and Access Control Systems are in place and operational.
- Enterprise Risk Management:
- Act as global / regional incident controller, including emergency communications.
- Support local operations teams during incidents, provide technical advice as required.
- Deputise for the Director, Global Workplaces as required.
- Establish effective working relationships with colleagues and external contacts and provide flexible support as required.
- Develop reporting metrics for occupancy tracking.
What You Bring Along:
- Multi-location (regional / global) experience of capital cost, project & program management
- Project management experience of 10+ simultaneous projects (mandatory)
- Building engineering background (mandatory)
- Facilities & engineering services design, procurement and management
- Broad EHS, Security and Risk Management
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1536707