Forecasting and Resource Planning Specialist Remote - US / Canada
GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. The Support Organization is looking for an experienced Forecasting and Workforce management specialist who will report into our Support Operations team and will provide best in class forecasting and capacity management practices within a quickly growing support organization. In addition to exceptional technical prowess, successful candidates for this role must exhibit extraordinary attention to detail, project management skills, be able to quickly build relationships with cross-company partners and be responsive in a rapidly growing environment.
This role will work closely with multiple teams across the organization as we continue to grow and scale. Candidate will serve as a key subject area expert and will be responsible for helping to build a robust demand forecast model and associated processes for all lines of business and customer types within GitHub. Additionally, this specialist will lead the creation of the requisite capacity management processes to align resources to the demand forecast. This role will also pair closely with our finance, sales Data Science and Data Engineering departments to build out such models and processes.
GitHub is an exciting place to work and you'll be an important contributor and join a tight-knit environment of technical and business-minded individuals.
The role will require an experienced technical Forecaster & Resource Planner with a significant level of management and budget experience to support multi-channel Demand Forecasting, Estate Planning, Financial Planning and Contact Transformation Projects.
The Forecasting and Planning function has frequent requests for information, analysis and change plans from around the business. It also has weekly and monthly deliverables and timeframes that must be maintained irrespective of external constraints. However, it is essential that those external constraints are incorporated into the production environment in a timely manner.
- Update/maintain the baseline contact volume and Average Handle Time (AHT)/Minutes Per incident (MPI) forecasts; provide variance reports summarizing reasons for deviation.
- Update/maintain the master overlay set built into operational plans.
- Forecasted Intraday planning.
- Strong scheduling and shift optimization experience.
- Prepare information packs/reports for stakeholders at regular intervals.
Incorporate changes in overlays and forecasting systems into the production environment.
- Budget Rounds/Monthly lock Process with Senior leadership team sign off.
- Alignment of demand planning, headcount plans, and cost centers.
- Drive Continuous improvements of forecasting & planning at process and cost level.
- Assist with Estate planning across multiple-sites and providers taking into consideration new starter competency curves.
- Develop new reporting to help drive continuous improvement across planning.
Key Skills / Experience
- Proficient in Erlang C calculations for high-level demand and Intraday Planning.
- Advanced knowledge of full end-to-end demand modeling in Excel, without the use of forecasting software.
- Experience at scheduling and resource allocation in Excel and work force management tooling.
- Advanced knowledge of data creation and contact forecasting reporting.
- Experience of multi-channel forecasting against back-office, digital and call channels (less so).
- Familiar with dealing with varying campaign sizes ranging from 50 FTE to 2000 FTE.
- Numerate and analytical, developed a mixture of simple & sophisticated forecasting models requiring collaboration and involvement from a wide range of contacts within distributed organizations.
- Be fluent in the production of enterprise-wide headcount models, integrating varying efficiencies, schedule efficiencies, service levels, and contact routing architectures.
- Experience of building, presenting, and defending multi-million dollar budgets is essential.
- The candidate will have experience of implementing forecasts and headcount models into operational reality, working with recruitment, training and operational teams to deliver to plan.
- Ideally, the candidate will have worked in a contact center planning team but may have transferable experience in other planning environments
Advanced or High-Intermediate Excel candidates will only be considered.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/2009107