Financial Systems Analyst (Contract) Worldwide
Company: Wikimedia Foundation
Duration: 6 months
Join the Wikimedia Foundation in our ambitious project to empower people to create and share the sum of all human knowledge. We are looking for a Reporting Analyst to work with our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. You will support the Foundation’s goal of becoming a model for financial planning, analysis, and reporting across the Wikimedia movement. You will help us deliver our regular financial reports, maintain our reporting tools, and build our documentation library so that we can generate timely and actionable insights for the Foundation.
We’d like you to do these things:
This position will provide support in these key areas:
- Support in the regular maintenance of our financial reporting system, Adaptive, - including mapping data, updating data fields, and troubleshooting data integration errors.
- Write internal documentation of our financial system implementation, financial reporting process, and management practices. Document assumptions, formulas, maintenance processes, and integration with other systems.
- Use our financial reporting system to produce regular monthly reports including: summary financial dashboards, financial schedules, and HR data reconciliations.
- Support the regular analysis of our monthly financial reports to provide insight to the FP&A team.
- Support with ad-hoc analyses of financial reports as needed.
- Prepare reconciliation reports of Purchase Order and other commitment data.
We’d like you to have these skills:
- 5+ years experience of relevant experience in finance or accounting and financial systems
- Experience and a proven track record for producing and analyzing financial reports using financial reporting software (ie. Adaptive Insights, Host Analytics, Anaplan, Hyperion, or other enterprise resource management software)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to successfully self-manage multiple priorities including urgent tasks
- Proven ability to work well on a team
- Strong spreadsheet skills
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Experience implementing or managing Adaptive Insights
- Experience with Intacct
- Experience in non-profits, particularly international non-profits
- Experience in training and capacity building
- MBA, CPA or other certification
- Understanding of the free culture, free software, or online rights movements
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/1417896