Field Marketing Manager, APJ (based in Sydney, Australia) Australia - Remote
At Sonatype we are 250 employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we're passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We're backed by world-class investors including TPG, Goldman Sachs, Accel Partners, and HWVP.
The Field Marketing Manager, APJ, is responsible for leading Sonatype's marketing strategy in assigned regions through direct and partner channels. Your role is a newly created position and focuses on building awareness in APJ (Asia, Pacific, and Japan) driving leads from named accounts in each territory, directly and with partners. You will work cross functionally with the wider marketing department, sales leadership and regional sales managers to develop and execute in-territory campaigns to drive pipeline.
- Creating and running the APJ field marketing plan and budget
- Implement and execute marketing programs that drive the most regional impact and build sales pipeline
- Work with International Marketing Director and Sales Directors ensure local campaigns align to overall business goals and direction
- Enable partners and resellers in APJ region with Sonatype marketing programs
- Ownership of field marketing localization efforts: collateral, whitepapers, blogs, social etc.
- Support the internal sales function with creation of localized campaign assets and materials
- Work closely with marketing peers across the department to build needed campaign materials including landing pages, emails and automation that enable effective sales qualification
- Prepare regular check-ins to sales team to ensure proper campaign alignment and execution
- Identify and execute regional events with the Events Executive that support marketing goals across vertical and horizontal audiences. Provide support on the ground
- Leverage, tailor and localize corporate digital media strategies to scale market awareness and education
- Travel 30% of the time within your APJ region and occasional trips to other major global offices in the UK and/or United States
Desired background and experience:
- 3-4 year’s experience in field marketing. Proven track record executing effective marketing and partner campaigns that drive sales pipeline
- Experience working with marketing automation technology, preferably Hubspot. Comfortable with marketing tools and technologies that enable businesses to scale lead generation efforts
- Knowledge and understanding of CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.com. Capable of interacting with data in CRM systems to analyze campaign effectiveness
- History of partnering directly with field sales to achieve shared objectives
- Highly organized, detail oriented and deadline driven
- Thrives on fast pace working environment, enjoys environments where no 2 days are the same
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Visionary with ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks
- Customer service oriented in engaging and supporting the sales team
- Motivated to learn and grow with a fast-paced company primed to do big things
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.