Federal Implementation Engineer Washington DC Metro Area
This position is remote based, ideally located in the Washington DC Metro Area.
Implementation Engineers provide on-site or remote deployment of Gitlab technology and solutions as well as training. The Implementation Engineer will act as the technical representative leading the direct interaction with the customer’s personnel and project teams by rolling out best practices. This role helps the customer to faster benefit from the Gitlab solution and realize business value. Meanwhile Implementation Engineers also need to provide feedback to product management and engineering team on the actual field experience through customer engagements and implementations.
- Install & configure Gitlab solutions in customer environment as per Statement of Work (SOW)
- Provide technical training sessions remotely and/or on-site
- Develop and implement migration plan for customer VCS & data migration
- Assist Gitlab customer support team to diagnose and troubleshoot support cases when necessary
- Develop & maintain custom scripts for integration or policy to align with custom requirements
- Create detailed documentation for implementation, guides and training
- Support Sales on quoting PS and drafting SOW to respond PS requests
- Travel required - 40%
- Managing creation of new and maintaining of existing training content
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle and development pipeline
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment, chatOps, and cloud native
- Above average knowledge of Unix and Unix based Operating Systems, Installation and operation of Linux operating systems and hardware investigation/manipulation commands, BASH/Shell scripting including systems and init.d startup scripts, Package management (RPM, etc. to add/remove/list packages), and understanding of system log files/logging infrastructure
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Programming/scripting experience & skill is required (Bash & Ruby)
- Project management experience & skills
- SCM admin and/or PS experience would be a plus
- Set up HA/DR, working with Containers and Schedulers (Kubernetes preferred) and also experience with AWS stack (EC2, ECS, RDS, ElastiCache)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails applications and Git
Additional Federal Specific Requirements
- TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Knowledge of and at least 4 years of experience with Federal customers
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with a member of our Recruiting team
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule interviews with Director of Customer Success
- The strongest candidates may be asked to schedule additional 45 minute interviews with members of the Customer Success Team and our Federal Regional Sales Director
- Finally, candidates could also be asked to interview with our CEO
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!