Engineering Manager, Craft & Web Prototyping Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of an Engineering Manager for the Craft & Web Prototyping team to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
You’ll be managing part of a team that owns one of the most critical products in InVision’s universe; Craft & Web Prototyping. This team focuses on delivering best in class experiences to our Customers while solving tough challenges like performance and scalability. You'll be part of a team that implements several front-end and back-end services, unit, integration, functional tests, and deploys to production multiple times a week.
What you’ll do:
- You will manage a team of 6-8 engineers
- Create culture of innovation on the team where ideas are generated to make the best possible customer experience for our front-end applications
- Responsible for delivering projects that span across the stack (front-end, back-end, & client software)
- Set effective and measurable goals on both a team and individual level
- Communicate clearly with product owners, delivery engineers, and other engineering leaders
- Mentor and help engineers to plan and execute their career paths
- Run team rituals such as stand ups, planning, backlog grooming, etc.
- Work with design, product, and engineering leaders to organize reports, metrics, and KPI's
- Consistently evaluate team processes for efficiency and refine them
What you’ll bring:
- Prior experience managing a team of 5+ software engineers
- Experience shipping products and solutions in a fast-paced and large scale environment
- Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution
- A passion for operational excellence and a drive towards creating performant and reliable applications through metrics driven decisions
- Keen eye for details and delivering quality products on tight timelines; you can motivate your team to find solutions which may be outside of the box
- Ability to comprehend and understand complex systems as a whole, and also to focus in and communicate relevant aspects of the system to non-technical stakeholders
- Solid understanding of how to effectively manage people and situations
- Excellent organizational and deadline management skills
- Experience with full life cycle development
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/2222722