Engineering Manager - Craft & Web Prototyping Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 97 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Engineering Manager to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
We're looking for an Engineering Manager for the Craft & Web Prototyping squad in our Collaboration zone. The mission of this squad is to provide teams a seamless way to get started with design collaboration and low fidelity prototyping. Your team will be responsible for supporting and implementing critical features in our Craft & Web Prototyping product suite, which serves the core users of InVision and their stakeholders. Our ideal candidate is someone who can work closely with product and design partners, articulate the complex nature of design and development workflows, and help the team to break them down into deliverable increments. If you are excited about joining us, but find the information below intimidating, please don’t let that stop you — we’d love to meet you and let’s together find out if we’re a great fit for each other.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of 8 engineers to own the Craft & Web Prototyping product suite.
- Work with stakeholders from across the organization, from product managers to designers to executives.
- Mentor and support engineers to grow professionally and stay challenged.
- Seek out and listen to the customer, and work with your team to create solutions that will have the highest impact.
- Create a culture of innovation on the team where ideas are generated and executed.
- Own Craft & Web Prototyping's quality and impact to our customers by making key investments and improvements with your product and design partners.
- Maintain focus on operational excellence and on running the team’s services in production.
What you’ll bring:
- Prior experience managing a team (or teams) of engineers.
- A servant leader approach to leadership.
- Passion for creating and mentoring engineering teams.
- Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution.
- Keen eye for details and delivering quality products on tight timelines.
- Ability to comprehend and understand complex systems as a whole, and the ability to focus in and communicate relevant aspects of the system to non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborative nature, with willingness and desire to work across multiple teams and departments.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1546563