Engineering Manager - Core Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of an Engineering Manager to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
The Core department owns the end-to-end experiences for foundational product features of the InVision web and mobile platforms -- such as notifications, search, commenting, document organization, navigation, onboarding, sharing, and billing. We're a uniquely horizontal department – often integrating with every InVision product area.
What you’ll do:
- You will manage a team of 5-7 engineers
- You will work with stakeholders from across the organization, from Product Managers to Design Leaders, and Executives
- Mentor and help engineers to plan and execute their career paths while also jumping into the code if needed
- Seek out and listen to the customer, and work with your team to create solutions that will have the highest impact
- Create a culture of innovation on the team where ideas are generated and executed
- Iterate on your product and own its quality and impact to our customers, making key investments and improvements with your product and design partners
- Maintain focus on operational excellence and on running the team’s services in production
- Set context with the team so they are empowered and equipped to make great business- and Engineering-informed decisions
What you’ll bring:
- Experience people-managing engineers
- Experience as an engineer
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Strong process and project management skills
- Servant leadership approach to management
- Passion for operational excellence and code quality
- Experience in microservices and distributed systems
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1901221