Engagement Manager United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking an Engagement Manager to sell Twilio Professional Services. The Engagement Manager is responsible for encouraging positive relationships with both our product sales teams, and our customers.
As an Engagement Manager you will be joining a growing Professional Service team within an extraordinary technology organization. You will have the opportunity to partner with best-in-class companies to help them build next-generation contact center and customer engagement applications involving SMS, voice and video. You will seek to understand their business case, user personas, use cases, and timelines to provide the right services solution for them. You will work closely with sales to identify service opportunities and drive business to both our services organization and to our systems integrator (SI) partner ecosystem. Further, you will also partner closely with leadership to help grow the services sales organization as we scale. You are a skilled relationship builder! You feel comfortable discussing Twilio products, standard methodologies, lessons learned, expectations, and real-world business impacts to a wide audience consisting of c-suite leaders, IT leadership, project managers, contact center management, and developers alike. You feel confident in your ability to join and master the balance between sales, staffing and delivery considerations.
Twilio is looking for an Engagement Manager with a consistent record in a Services Sales or sales supporting role.
- 8-10 years of professional experience in software, professional services, and/or contact center, with demonstrated ability selling or directly supporting the sales process for a services practice
- Ability to work within a high-velocity deal team with a diverse set of deal team members, and adaptable in a work environment that has a start-up mentality
- Comfortable carrying bookings targets
- Experience around contact center software/services and/or custom application development with the ability to pick up on new technologies, new products, and new industries quickly
- Able to draft a high level solution architecture and quickly identify complexity, risk and dependencies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can be leveraged to quickly build trusted-advisor status with internal partners and clients alike
- Willing to travel up to 25%
You will be empowered to drive bookings through networking with Twilio sales, building an opportunity pipeline, and working with customers to resolve how best to enable their implementation! You will lead the sales cycle from (internal) prospecting through contracts and to the handoff to delivery.
As an Engagement Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Ambitious spirit required as you shape and build key relationships among Twilio Sales, Partner Team, Customer Support and Client Success in order to keep the pipeline full of a diverse set of services opportunities. You will get plenty of support along the way, but your territory would be yours to build and manage--with an eye toward results.
- DRAW THE OWL: Work with the sales team and the customer to create and improve on the approach for their Twilio implementation and application support. Every customer is unique and so are their circumstances, so being able to “right size” a solution is critical.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & BE BOLD: Advocate for the customer’s short-, medium- and long-term success every step of the way. Allow your experience and insight to continuously improve the process--even when the customer needs convincing.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Selling here is a team sport and collaboration amongst all key partners are the building blocks for our success.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Craft clear statements of work that set good and accurate expectations between Twilio and our customers, so that the experience and the outcomes are satisfying.
The Engagement Manager plays a pivotal role within Services and Sales at Twilio. They have the responsibility of bringing in the work that keeps the Professional Services team growing and ultimately helps drive customer success on the platform. Further, the Engagement Manager serves as the face of Professional Services to the customer during the selling process--often building to create the customer’s first impression of our expertise and commitment.
Twilio is empowering the world’s developers with ready access to all of today’s critical communication channels to build applications to engage with customers world wherever they are and however they prefer to connect. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. You must be equally committed to our Twilio Magic.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe extraordinary work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has modernized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2451497