Ecosystem IAM Engineering Manager Worldwide
GitHub is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Identity and Access Management (IAM) team embedded within Ecosystem Engineering. We are passionate about building a platform developers trust to define and handle permissions. We are responsible for user authentication and authorization, SSO workflows for our Business customers, and helping integrators and customers manage their identities and access to their personal information.
In this role, you'll lead a team of remote engineers who own several crucial areas for our Ecosystem including GitHub Apps, OAuth, access control systems, and external authentication. You will work with other engineering and product managers to deliver impactful projects that grow GitHub’s Ecosystem and core business.
This is an opportunity to use both your technical expertise, your real passion for delivering business value, and develop a team taking on real problems for real businesses on the largest software development platform in the world.
- Nurture an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging
- Meet with team members 1-1 on a regular basis
- Ensure that individuals on the team are learning, growing and advancing in their respective careers
- Ensure the team has a deep understanding of the direction of Ecosystem projects, the reasoning behind decisions, and articulate both to internal and external audiences
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering Leadership, Marketing, and Documentation teams
- Empower the team to develop tools, documentation, and repeatable processes to help scale GitHub's Platform usage
- Build strategies to best support Ecosystem's objectives and product launches
- You have experience building, deploying, and operating software as part of a business.
- You are a strong leader with two or more years of management experience. You can handle conflicting priorities (both within GitHub and with our external partners) and continue to deliver a consistently high performance with your team.
- You are intellectually curious and passionate about GitHub’s mission.
- You are results oriented and have a track record of shipping and iterating.
- You are confident and empathetic in written and verbal communication and have experience speaking to technical and business audiences.
- You have experience with complex business workflows and access control.
- You have experience collaborating with and leading a remote team.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1147040