Drupal Quality Assurance Engineer United States
Mediacurrent is a digital agency that specializes its focus and outstanding reputation in Drupal. We have a proven track record of helping some of the most recognizable brands (The Weather Channel, WWE), universities (Harvard, LSU) and organizations (Turner) in the world adopt and grow with an open-source software strategy. We pursue open-source principles and contributing back to the Drupal community giving you an opportunity to challenge and stretch your mind on a daily basis.
We’re a company founded on building a close-knit company culture with a fully remote team. Mediacurrent keeps our remote team close focusing on our culture with an annual company retreat, weekly knowledge shares, 9/80 flexible schedule, lunch and learns and virtual/in-person meetups.
At Mediacurrent we invest heavily in our team providing benefits such as IRA matching, continuing education reimbursement and speaking bonuses.
Are you detailed oriented? Do you have a passion for ensuring quality in clients who trust to take their business to the next level? Ready to join the ever growing Drupal family filled with amazing and talented people? Want to ditch that commute and work from wherever is comfortable to you? Mediacurrent is looking for a QA Engineer like yourself to join our team!
The Drupal Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer at Mediacurrent works to ensure that all deliverables meet customer specifications. The Drupal QA Engineer has experience testing the following:
- Browser compatibility
- Mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Windows)
- Basic Security
- Stability of site (Load Testing)
- Standard browser developer tools
- Basic UX
- Creates testing strategies and test plans
- Utilizes the following testing methods
- Tests Stories/Tasks assigned to QA via JIRA
- Create bug reports and inform Project Managers or Developers of issues
- Retests bugs after they have been returned by the development team
- Stays up to date on the latest security, automation, and testing best practices
- Has experience testing in a CMS environment. Preferably Wordpress or Drupal
- Can manage multiple projects split across several development teams
- Able to work within an Agile or Waterfall structure
- 3+ years QA experience
- CMS testing experience
- Experience working within a digital agency style environment
- Work on multiple projects, teams and methodologies at the same time
- Experience with Drupal strongly preferred
- Disciplined in working remotely in a telecommute environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Contribute to the QA community with blogs or professional organizations
- Ability to use/manage Virtual Machine testing environments
- Ability to understand SOW requirements and create test plans accordingly
- Communicate effectively with developers, project manager and other required parties of any status of projects
- Communicate with client or sales department with any questions regarding QA
- Automation experience for Front End, Functional and Framework
- Experience in identifying possible UX issues
- Multi-desktop and Mobile platform methodologies
- Windows, OSX, iOS, Android, Windows Phone
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mediacurrent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mediacurrent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates or employees reside. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.