Director, Product Management United States
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Director, Product Management directs a comprehensive product strategy from product conception and definition through end of life. He/she functions as a central resource with design, manufacturing, quality, test, marketing and distribution as the product(s) move through their lifecycle.
- Direct the activities of Product Managers and Managers of Product Management, as well as the Technical Documentation Group
- Define the scope and content of product releases, set timelines for those releases, and manage the development and validation efforts to those timelines
- Provide guidance to product business analysts, owners, managers in the specification and management of product development efforts
- Manage and participate in the creation of all Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documents such as Functional Specifications, Trace Matrix, Release Notes
- Manage the General Availability process for new releases by coordinating with other groups within Medidata, such as IT, Training and Professional Services
- Act as a focal point for enhancement requests and product guidance, both for customer focus groups and internal focus groups
- Directs team of “business analysts” involved in the design and evaluation of Rave RTSM product features and capabilities
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters related to direct reports
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the product and company procedures
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers for purpose of feature gathering and product feedback
- Strong experience with cross-functional teams including software development and software quality teams
- Attention to detail and managing multiple timelines in parallel
- Solid experience with web-based software products
- Solid project management experience, including use of Gantt based tools (strong preference for Aha! experience)
- Experience with Requirements Gathering, Use Case development
- Experience with creating product documentation
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Strong familiarity with IRT/IVRS/RTSM solution needs including supply management, randomization and dosing use cases.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; or equivalent years of experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the healthcare/clinical field
- Requires a minimum of 2 years management experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years IRT/RTSM experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/medidata-solutions/job/oA7b9fwL