Director, Learning and Organizational Development Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for a dynamic, top-tier L&D leader with curiosity to learn new technologies and a deep desire to bring continuous learning and growth to Elastic.
What You Will Do:
You will partner closely with the VP of Global HR and the business, to define a new learning and development curriculum for our global teams, amplify existing initiatives and programs and help us innovate and think about what is next as Elastic scales.
You will work closely with our teams to:
- Craft a leadership curriculum ranging across the entire leader lifespan (future leaders, promotions, development, coaching, etc.) that reinforces our core values and drives a culture of inclusion and belonging
- Design leadership programs and resources ranging from online learning materials to multi-day leadership and/or skill development workshops
- Assess individual, team and organizational learning needs, and develop impactful and scalable learning opportunities (programmatic and non-programmatic)
- Build trust based relationships with leaders across the organization supporting a leader-influenced approach to learning and development
- Support the creation of standardized metrics and evaluation processes across learning programs to ensure data driven approach when evaluating learning needs
- Partner with business leaders, employees, and HR Business Partners to identify skills and competencies needed to strengthen our company and prepare it for the future
- Support our employee population with relevant learning and development offerings
- Design, deliver, evaluate, and operate outstanding management and leadership development programs
- Facilitate learning programs, management and leadership development workshops as needed
- Experiment often and transition quickly from pilot to global programs
- Participate as an active thought partner and member of the HR Leadership team
Who You Are:
You have 8-10+ years of experience in a learning, talent or organizational development role and lots of learnings to bring forward.
You are thrilled with the idea of building programs from scratch and consider yourself a rare designer and facilitator who can implement then scale up.
You thrive in ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view, and know that sometimes laughter is indeed the best solution.
In addition, you have:
- The ability to communicate and influence across all levels of an organization
- Strategic thinking, advising, mentoring, and analytical skills
- Experience at larger, more established organizations, so you know where we're heading and the challenges that await us
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms and dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target locations: New York, NY; London, UK; Gothenburg, Sweden; Los Angeles, CA
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
No contractors or external recruiters will be considered.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1153702