Director, Demand Generation Digital Programs United States
GitHub helps businesses succeed with GitHub so they can build better software, together. We are passionate about helping bring GitHub to developers at companies and organizations all over the world. GitHub is looking for a Director of Digital. The role will be responsible for all demand generating digital programs, including paid media, search, and social programs, as well as the interlock with the web team on programs that serve up personalization, retargeting and other targeted outreach with a goal of driving lead conversions. The right candidate will be experienced in driving strategy and working with all types of digital mediums. They will have strategic and hands on experience with placing and negotiating media, driving strategy and analyzing impact of paid search, evaluating other paid media programs like Social where applicable, in addition to understand how it all connects to the website and lead gen in general. This role can be based anywhere in the US.
- Analysis of digital program effectiveness and make recommendations on optimization.
- Oversee staff managing paid programs (search/social) to ensure optimized delivery against, lead volumes, quality and cost, as well as audience targeting and regional distribution of spend/coverage.
- Work with Regions to define digital needs and represent those to the campaign manager as part of the campaign needs.
- Identify key audiences and messages to put into market that align to campaign activities and goals.
- Understand and recommend ways to drive more conversion to leads on the website through merchandising the site with campaign content, retargeting, personalization, etc.
- Work with media agencies to place media to target audiences that meet lead goals, work with campaign managers to align that media buy to their campaign strategy.
- Drive and communicate goals, strategy and plans to meet the goals of the business and regions
- Ensure lead passing and follow up is working optimally to reach the goal
- Ensure inside sales and other sales receivers of this campaign understand the messages and are enabled to follow up with the leads
- Manage budgets to deliver against CPL lead goals
- Work cross functionally to deliver against audience, region, and digital goals
- Partner with Campaign Managers to represent digital impact to their programs for QBR decks.
- Define lessons learned and best practices to share with the team
- 10+ years of B2B marketing experience, preferably in the SaaS or enterprise software markets
- Hands on experience working with Paid Search
- Familiar with Tech Stack that optimizes lead generation via websites
- Proven track record of building and delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Must be comfortable contributing strategically, as well as lead day-to-day tactical execution
- Ability to collaborate with wide audiences at all levels and work effectively across functions and geographies
- Strong interpersonal skills and empathy
- Strong communication skills, with experience in creating marketing content
- Experience marketing to developers, engineering management, and system administrators a plus
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 28 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1147351