DevOps Engineer, Kafka United States
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors save time so they can provide better care for patients.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of healthcare.
This position is for an experienced DevOps engineer to join our 8 person DevOps team. We’re looking for someone with a strong track record deploying and maintaining Kafka clusters at scale. You will be supporting and building products alongside our 80 person engineering team.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Deploy, maintain, advise on all things Kafka.
- Active involvement in design, implementation, and maintenance of the development, staging, and production infrastructure and services.
- Work on automating tasks using Jenkins.
- Troubleshoot system issues (such as high-load, memory, CPU usage, etc.) and come up with temporary/long-term solutions based on the root cause.
- Work with developers to deploy applications ready for production (Terraform, Consul, Vault, Upstart, NGINX, Sensu). We believe in infrastructure as code and follow it.
- Write Chef cookbooks (using "Berkshelf Way") to automate configuration management.
- Setup deployment, backup, and restore strategies for MySQL, Elasticsearch, Neo4J, Redis, Kafka and other data-stores.
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure.
- Participate in a 1-week on 7-week off, 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Hands-on maintenance on our Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, and Go (Golang) applications.
- Build and scale the infrastructure for Airflow, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Hadoop.
- Collaborate closely with developers to make sound infrastructure decisions and improve workflow.
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack: hardware, software, and network.
- Document current and future procedures, configuration and policies in the wiki.
- Monitor and plan for capacity upgrades.
What we’re looking for:
- Proficiency deploying and managing Kafka clusters in production.
- 5+ years of solid Linux/UNIX systems engineer/administrator experience.
- Automation experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
- Significant experience with MySQL, Spark, Airflow, Snowflake, Hive, Kafka a must.
- Intermediate to Advanced experience administering an RDB (MySQL or Postgres a plus)
- Proficient in bash shell scripting (sed + awk) and one of Ruby or Python.
- Experience automating application deployments with Capistrano or Jenkins.
- Ability to work in a proactive manner and manage your own queue.
- Experience with AWS basics (EC2, ELB, ALB, ASG, LC, Security Groups)
- Experience with Hashicorp tools, Neo4j, Elasticsearch, or Security/Pen Testing a plus.
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Vacancy page : https://workat.doximity.com/positions/?gh_jid=857937