Delivery Manager - US (Remote) United States
Company: Modus Create
The Delivery Manager will provide technical leadership and management for software engineering teams. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of agile software development, consulting, and workforce management. This role sits cross-functionally across our engineering, operations, and customer-facing teams.
The ideal candidate is excited about technology, passionate about learning and teaching. This is a fast-paced, dynamic role in a very entrepreneurial and creative environment. The position requires expert analytical skills, experience managing engineers and other delivery personnel, as well as exceptional communication abilities with internal and external stakeholders. We are looking for someone with precise attention to detail, the ability to think critically, and that can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
Outcomes for the Role
- Using your superb communication skills you will provide a clear channel between our Engineers, Engineering Directors, ensuring teams are as efficient and productive as possible.
- Utilizing your significant experience scoping and delivering complex technology projects, you will aid accurate specification and staffing to ensure projects are delivered accurately.
- You will work closely with our customer account managers to anticipate, communicate and mitigate any delivery risks to the customer and our wider business.
- Using your knowledge of developing and utilizing appropriate workforce management methodologies, you will help improve our internal instrumentation and analyze metrics to optimize leveraged teams and mitigate risk within Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the technical solution design in alignment to customers goals.
- Resource forecasting, managing utilization and realization.
- Ensure delivery excellence in varying focus areas such as Cloud, Architecture & DevOps.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience leading multiple engineering teams.
- Experience managing teams that are globally distributed.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, especially at scale.
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience with 5 years of team management experience.
- Significant experience delivering IT Consulting services with broad range of relevant technologies.
- Pre-sales experience in providing solution design support to the sales team's efforts.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field.
- Software engineering best practices knowledge including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
About Modus Create
Modus Create is a digital product agency that accelerates digital transformation. We use high performing small teams, emerging technology, and “new school” product development tools and methods to accelerate business outcomes. We support our clients across four core delivery areas: business and product strategy consulting, customer experience, cloud services, and Agile software delivery.
Driven by a team of world-class talent, we have been recognized by the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies 5 years in a row, the Washington Business Journal list of Fastest Growing Companies in the Washington DC area two years in a row, and a top company for remote work by FlexJobs.
Based on the model of an open source team, Modites work remotely, and are located across the globe. That’s allowed us to hire the best in the world, no matter where they live. Our highly collaborative, autonomous, and effective working environment is unified by a love of continuous learning. Our years of thought leadership; including books, whitepapers, blog posts, conference and MeetUp talks, demonstrate our commitment to sharing what we’ve learned.
We encourage every Modus employee to do the same. Our company is a platform for the growth of our employees. Through working with our distributed team of experts on challenging projects, every person that joins the Modus team can expect to continue growing and learning every day. This is your chance to be part of building something great.
Why Modus Create
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work and telecommuting
- 100% full family health insurance coverage, 401K and other benefits
- The chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Do you have what it takes? Apply today!