Data Scientist, Product Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Data Scientist to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
On the data team to you will enable and empower your stakeholders to understand our customers and make high quality impactful decisions. You will have the ability to work with a world class team who obsesses over delivering real value to our users. We are driven to have an impact on our business, delivered by either producing new data assets that are leveraged or by producing new insights that positively change business outcomes or our knowledge of the business. The ideal candidate will be very comfortable and experienced in working with large data sets and collaborating with Product teams. You must strive for excellence and be a self starter. You must have outstanding communication skills and a proven track record of using data to gain insights and influence decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, stats, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and provide insights to the team
- Partner with the Product team to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our decisions and initiatives
- This role has work across the following areas:
- Metrics and Monitoring
- Defining Metrics
- Designing and evaluating experiments monitoring key metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Ownership of the data and its completeness and quality to accomplish impact in your area of the business
- Exploratory Analysis/ Deep Dives
- Proposing key analyses for exploration that will help enhance our understanding of our users and our ecosystem
- Identifying levers to help move key metrics
- Building models of user behaviours to inform long term product strategy
- Communication & Collaboration & Scale
- Understand, define, and help others relate to the economic value their product drives for the business
- Communicating of state of business, experiment results, analysis to the product team
- Spreading best practices to the analytics and product teams, i.e. data quality, tools
- Bias towards automation and building assets others (stakeholders and teammates) can use and trust
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years experience doing data science
- Advanced degrees preferred
- Expert SQL knowledge (R or Python required)
- Experience in designing and analyzing experiments
- Experience working with Product Teams
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Strong understanding of comparative and predictive analysis
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1412130