Data Engineer Worldwide
You’ll work with business leads, analysts, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data-powered products that empower better decision making. You’re committed to data quality. You’ll understand how to manage a cluster to deliver performance and reliability. You’ll evaluate and help to craft technology choices, and you’ll implement systems that tackle business use cases.
What we’re looking for:
- Hands-on, production experience with the Hadoop family of big data technologies (Hive, Impala, HBase, etc.).
- Collaboration with business partners to craft and iterate on solutions that extract value from data.
- Experience with Spark, Python, and Java.
- Strong analytical skills and a fervor for data integrity and accessibility.
- The curiosity and determination to understand and improve data flows.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ automattic.com telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter. Applications without these questions answered will not be considered:
- Tell us some details about an interesting data problem you’ve worked on. What made it interesting?
- Include a link to a recent favorite blog post or paper about working with lots of data.
- What questions do you have for us?
Vacancy page : https://automattic.com/work-with-us/data-engineer/