Customer Success Engineer - Top Secret Clearance Required United States - Remote
The Customer Success Engineer is responsible for managing the customer lifecycle, from onboarding to deployment, through production launch and ongoing success management, while providing high-quality technical support for the Sonatype Nexus platform. We are growing fast and we need to add CSEs to collaborate with our government and commercial customers to ensure they continuously see value across our products. We also look to our CSEs to identify common patterns and/or challenges customers are facing so as to influence the evolution of the product portfolio and best practices.
What You Will Do
- Our customers are enterprise architects, security officers, developers, DevOps managers, and associated stakeholders in the SDLC. In this role, you will:
- Coach and educate a set of customers on implementation and usage best practices for the Sonatype Nexus Platform to ensure smooth on boarding, faster adoption, increased footprint, etc.
- Derive and define best practices as well as common pitfalls through customer meetings (remote & on-site), data analysis, and customer interviews
- Engage in one-to-one and one-to-many customer outreach with the goal of educating customers, understanding their implementation status and defining/documenting how we can close any “customer success gap”
- Help to build scalable and repeatable processes that drive ever-increasing Customer Success
- Share field insights with your peers in Customer Success as well as our Sales, Product Marketing, and Engineering teams. Provide feedback on how to bring more valuable features to the product based on customer reactions and your hands-on experiences.
- Discover and analyze gaps in the customer experience, identifying "early warning" signals and then working with cross-functional teams to address them
- Act as the voice of the customer - use your insights to help us drive improvements, influence product roadmap, deploy customer advocacy programs, etc.
- Ensure customers are SUCCESSFUL and DELIGHTED with Sonatype products and services, not merely satisfied
- Although there will be some days of mostly screen-time, this is a customer-facing role. Travel is likely to be around 35-45% initially
Great Qualifications We're Looking For
- Security Clearance: Top Secret required, TS/SCI preferred
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical field of study or equivalent Military experience in a tech related Military Occupational Speciality (MOS).
- Consulting experience; meeting deliverables deadlines
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle and Agile development.
- Familiarity with tooling used in the SDLC a plus, including: source code version control systems (e.g., git, subversion, cvs, etc.), modern build tools (e.g., Jenkins, continuous integration systems), package managers (e.g., Maven, Gradle, Nuget, NPM, etc.), continuous delivery technologies (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Udeploy, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Well-honed project management and organizational skills
- This is a customer-facing role and experience and/or natural abilities in working closely with global organizations in consulting/education and related capacities is necessary
Desired Skills & Experiences
- Broad knowledge of modern software development life cycles and the tooling that development organizations use to build applications is important. Prior development expertise and experience with tools such as Hudson/Jenkins (CI Servers) and Eclipse / other IDEs is desirable.
- The ability to work with such tooling in order to integrate Sonatype's specific solutions into customers' application life cycles is required. Experience with application security and licensing and helping build processes around both are a plus.
- Prior consulting experience with federal/military customers in secure environments, preferably related to the SDLC, will prove helpful
- Experience using, administering, configuring, etc. any of the Sonatype Nexus platform is a plus.
We are 250 employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we're passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We're backed by world class investors including TPG, Goldman Sachs, Accel Partners, and HWVP. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.