Consulting Manager, APJ APJ
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites 700+ employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
As an Elastic Consulting Manager, you will work with the Consulting Services team to service our global customer base on billable projects. Our customers include Fortune 100 companies, startups, government entities, and nonprofits researching some of the world's most interesting and complex search problems, and our consulting team assists our customers in the use of our products towards these efforts. The Consulting Manager will be a customer-facing role for leading our consulting team, developing new business in the region, meeting financial targets, and building strong relationships both within Elastic and with our customers and partners. You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous services, engineering, and sales team and wear many hats.
- Project management including scoping, estimating, documenting, P&L margin, achieving milestones, and reporting
- Liaise closely with the Elastic sales, finance, legal and engineering teams to scope opportunities while assessing risks, questions, or concerns
- Accountability for hitting Services bookings and revenue targets within the APJ region (includes Australia, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, China, and the rest of Asia Pacific and Southeast Asia)
- Demonstrate very strong customer-facing communications skills such as meeting facilitation (video/audio conferencing and in-person), customer advocacy, and relationship building
- Strong organizational and analytical skills for managing a Professional Services Automation ("PSA") application, meeting business and utilization targets, and calendar management
- Excel with project-based workflow requirements and significant multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with high quality expectations
- Leadership within a highly distributed Consulting Services team and partners, and flexible to work with global customers across many time zones
- Innovating, presenting, mentoring, and documenting on consulting methodology and process
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a professional services, project, consulting, or engagement manager
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to technology
- Ability to communicate effectively in the technology domain of search, analytics, or related technologies
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including internationally
- Bachelor or graduate degree in Business/Economics, Computer Science, or related discipline, or comparable certification and experience
- Understanding of our technology space, including Elasticsearch, Linux, Java, software development, NoSQL, and/or databases
- Experience working as a billable consultant or project manager is valuable for empathy and understanding
- Passion for open-source technology and business model
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 32 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target locations: Tokyo, Japan; Hong Kong, Hong Hong; Seoul, South Korea; Sydney, Australia; Melbourne, Australia; Singapore, Singapore; Shanghai, China; Beijing, China; Shenzhen, China
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1130998