C Developer Worldwide
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. Percona provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can throw at you. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries and a great experience of working on a multinational team of experts.
Percona is looking for a flexible and efficient C Developer to join its Software Engineering team. You will work on the PostgreSQL and Percona Server (MySQL) products. You will work from your home office, using online tools and resources to contribute to a high quality development environment for Percona and its customers. Travel approximately once per year for meetings. Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is required. Flexible work hours. Laptop & Internet access provided.
Candidates from any time zone (worldwide) will be considered. This position reports to the Senior Director of Server Engineering.
- Fix bugs in PostgreSQL and Percona Server.
- Communicate effectively with teammates, Percona services teams, and customers.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to speak, listen and write effectively in fluent English
- Experience in C (3+ years)
- Experience in implementing client/server or distributed network communication systems
- Requirements, design, and source code management methodologies
- Knowledge of programming languages, object oriented design, and distributed client/server architectures
- Proficiency with tools like gdb and strace.
- Strong understanding of SQL databases and ACID transaction processing
- Experience using Git
Optional Skills (in order of priority):
- Knowledge of DBMS internal algorithms such as those used in query optimiser, B-tree indexing, multiversion concurrency control, ARIES crash recovery, and others
- Knowledge of high-performance algorithms on modern multicore hardware
- Open Source software, preferably PostgreSQL
- Experience using JIRA
- Success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, IRC and voice calls are the only interactions with clients, colleagues and managers on a daily basis
- Experience building PostgreSQL and other products from source
- Experience/familiarity with various Linux distribution packaging systems
- Experience with virtualization tools (OpenVZ, KVM, VMWare, VirtualBox, ...)
- Experience in Linux systems administration, including suitable expertise with file systems, hardware, and networking
Location: Remote, work from home opening. Any worldwide location that allows for a consistent internet connection.
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA company and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
Vacancy page : http://jobs.jobvite.com/percona/job/ovev7fw5