Associate Commercial Counsel United States
GitHub is building the top Legal team on the planet and is looking for a superstar transactional attorney to join its ranks. GitHub is the gateway for software development. Our impact and customers are global, and so is our vision. We're looking for someone who will materially advance our business and culture.
GitHub Legal operates on the cutting edge of legal practice. Like the rest of the software world, our team uses GitHub to work more collaboratively, transparently, and efficiently. We believe strongly in working together and from first principles, questioning tradition and basic industry assumptions, and in retaking and reforming our profession while delivering the highest quality of work product and counsel to our client. We value diversity of thought and experience, deep intellectual engagement with your subject matter, innovation, social awareness, and high emotional intelligence. Everyone at GitHub should view it as a career-defining opportunity.
- Support our Sales team on a wide variety of agreements as they ship GitHub to millions of customers around the globe as well as to build and manage processes and procedures commensurate with growing volume and scale.
- Licensed in the US
- 4-7 years as a transactional attorney with experience on commercial paper of all types
- A wonkish interest in transactional work and technology law of all sorts
- Excellent grasp of on-prem and SaaS transactions, from macro-structural issues and mechanics to accounting nuances
- Excellent negotiation skills including first-hand experience of leading negotiations with parties across multiple jurisdictions
- An empathetic approach to the practice and a spirit of collaboration
- Ability to perform as part of a diverse team
- Flexible, personable, and enjoys a dynamic corporate culture
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to define specific action plans based on general guidance and deliver results
- Strong intellectual capacity, judgment, and personal standards of excellence
- Understand how to translate business needs into contract language, including creativity in finding solutions to help resolve business issues
- A joy and passion for the craft of writing
- An interest in open source software and licensing nuances
- Software engineering skills aren't required, but a basic understanding of software coding is a definite plus. The GitHub legal team has technical acumen, and a capacity to quickly learn new business and technology concepts
- Candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Tailored cover letter and résumé are required for application to be reviewed
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1257931