Advanced Analytics - C++ Engineer Distributed, East Coast Americas or Europe
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Right now, we are looking to add a talented software engineer to join our team. Someone who has both excellent maths and C++ experience, so please don’t worry if your Java experience isn’t recent.
You will have the opportunity to work with exceptional engineers as part of the machine learning team. Your primary focus will be supporting, maintaining and enhancing the platform and infrastructure that we require for machine learning features in the elastic stack.
What you will be doing
As a member of the team, you will contribute to the ongoing support and maintenance and further development of our advanced analytics feature set. We have applied techniques from machine learning, statistics and data mining, including but not limited to Bayesian modelling, counterfactual reasoning, feature learning and data stream processing.
You will help us to build the platform and components that are required for the implementation of powerful and robust solutions such as anomaly detection, categorisation and recommendation, enabling customers to gain insight from their data.
What you will bring along
- Excellent mathematical capabilities with an educational background in a relevant discipline such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science
- Industry experience in a data analytics field
- 2+ years industry experience in C++ / Java programming
- Ready to be part of a distributed team; self-motivated, can work independently and having strong collaboration and communication skills
- Good attention to detail and highly organized
- Real passion for data, analysis and achieving excellence.
- Experience with the Elastic Stack is useful, but not mandatory
We're looking to hire team members invested in realising the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1541034