Accounts Payable and Receivable Manager
Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Accounts Payable and Receivable Manager! PacketFabric redefines how companies procure, consume, and manage their network connectivity. The technical team is a small, talented, and close knit group and we need some accounting help to make business operations flow smoothly.
As a well rounded Accounts Payable and Receivable Manager, your contributions will be highly valuable to the company. You should have a healthy appreciation of facing a variety of diverse challenges outside of your comfort level and working under pressure.
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00/year
A typical day in the life of an Accounts Receivable Manager just might include:
- Working with sales and customers to reconcile customer invoices to determine if discrepancies exist between billable items, and actual products in use.
- Working with product and software teams to reduce or eliminate any errors.
- Assist accounts payable with reconciling vendor invoices to determine discrepancies and working with vendors to remedy.
- Sending out reminders and aging schedules to collect payment, and reconciling collections with customer contracts and legers.
- Working with software engineering teams to help create automation that will ultimately make your job easier.
- Fine tuning invoice templates, ensuring line items are presenting correctly on invoices, and adjusting settings as needed in billing software.
- Documenting procedures for daily tasks.
Skills & Requirements
The candidates who will exceed in this role probably have an Accounting degree, solid communication skills, be able to fluidly use various accounting software and Excel as second nature. The right candidates has many solid years of telecommunications billing analyst experience and will solve complex issues with clarity of communication and exceptional follow through to all involved.
Specific requirements include:
- 3+ years telecommunications billing analyst experience.
- Strong understanding of telecommunications industry products/services such as dark fiber, wavelengths, ethernet circuits, etc.
- Extremely software/computer proficient and willing to continuously learn new skills.
- Excellent skills with Excel.
- Great written and verbal communications, with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people.
- Proactive self starter who can tackle problems before being asked.
- Pride in self sufficiency and doggedly working through difficult issues.
Some knowledge that would be a huge plus:
- Familiarity with colocation industry and products.
- Huge bonus for previous work with software development teams on accounting software feature sets.
What PacketFabric doesn't offer:
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- Pre-meetings: we don't hold meetings to plan other meetings.
What PacketFabric does offer:
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched Internet infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that's always pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- A flat reporting structure.
- A team that likes to learn from each other.
- The ability to try new things.
- A relaxed atmosphere, with small company culture.
- Outstanding health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.