Accounting Manager United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Accounting Manager to manage our monthly accounting close process, including but not limited to directly impacting our days-to-close goal. This role is responsible for project managing the end-to-end close cycle, including collaboration with multiple internal functions and our external auditors. We are looking for an individual with a passion and proven track record for process improvement to join a collaborative team-based working environment. The successful candidate will be ruthless about redesigning, streamlining and automating the processes and data flows, striving for real-time understanding of close status. Overseeing a critical process for Accounting, this role will report to the Director of Accounting (OpEx/GL) and interact heavily with the US Controller and Director of International Operations as well as the broader Finance team.
Twilio is looking for an individual who lives the Twilio Magic and has experience leading a global Accounting close. They also have:
- 6+ years in the accounting field with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; experience in companies with 1B+ in annual revenue with a CPA is highly preferred.
- Strong people, application navigation and project management skills as you’ll be the main point of contact for external communications with auditors.
- Able to communicate clearly and succinctly in writing and verbally to multiple levels within the organization.
- A proven track record of cross-functional management of multiple projects concurrently with strong business acumen with the ability to drive projects to closure.
- Experience managing different accounting software products displaying an ability to leverage systems.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles and procedures as you will review entries related to consolidations.
As an Accounting Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Simplify and clearly communicate objectives/requirements for process improvements by examining root cause, recording data and implementing change.
- DRAW THE OWL: Thrive in ambiguity. Own systems solutions to streamline reporting and consolidations processes while also being the project manager of the ERP implementation and M&A integrations.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Own the close process and be a product owner over several of our software systems.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact and coordinate extensively across teams within Twilio.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Provide intellectual honesty and data driven actions.
The Accounting team at Twilio is essential to our continued growth as a company and ensuring that we produce accurate and complete financials in an efficient manner. Twilio is a complex, high-growth, quickly evolving business. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2396387