The type of information we collect and how
WantRemote collects information in three ways:
- Information you give us: When you sign up for a WantRemote service you give us personal information like your name, email address, shop name, etc.
- Information we collect from your use of our services:
- When you use one of our services we collect personal data such as timezone, city, country, currency, etc.
- When you visit our website we collect personal data by using Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. Personal Data collected: Cookie and Usage Data. Place of processing: USA. To know more about how Google Analytics processes your data, please visit: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en .
- Information we collect from end-users through your use of our services: When end-users make use of one of our services on a your e-commerce site, we collect personal data such as their country of origin, the features of their browser and the operating system, the various time details per visit, the details about the path followed within the service with special reference to the sequence of pages visited. We also collect data with regards to search queries performed by end-users on your site for the continuous improvement of your search and navigation.
Information that we collect
- When you use any of WantRemote’s products, our servers (which may be hosted by a 3rd party service provider) collect information on your store.
- WantRemote will collect data regarding your online store during the integration or support process.
- WantRemote may collect data regarding the users on your store, or data you have sent us.
- You may only send us the following data: firstname, lastname, email, ID.
- Data we collect includes, but not limited to: user browsing behaviour on your store, purchases, IP address and user-agent.
- Sending or storing any other personal data on WantRemote servers is forbidden.
How we use this information
The information we collect is used for the purpose of providing, maintaining and improving the services we offer, as well as developing new ones. For example, when we collect data regarding the search queries performed on your e-commerce site, we use it to automatically and continuously improve the relevancy of your autocomplete suggestions, search results, smart filtering and product recommendations.
The information we collect is also used for the purpose of analytics whereby it is used to monitor and analyze site traffic and can be used to keep track of user behaviour.
Cookies might also be set on pages where the WantRemote services are enabled. These webpages are subject to the website owner’s privacy statement.
The data that we collect from our Users may be transferred to, and stored at, a location outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We may use your email address to provide you with information with regards to the services you use, such as improvements, changes, new features, etc. If you contact us, we may save this communication in order to help us solve issues you may be facing at that point in time or in the future.
Sharing your information
WantRemote does not sell or share any personal information with other companies, organizations or individuals outside of WantRemote unless one of the following applies:
- You give us consent: If you have given us consent, we may share some information with companies, organization or individuals outside of WantRemote
- Legal purposes: We may share personal data with companies, organizations or individuals outside of
WantRemote, in court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from the improper use of
WantRemote services or related services. We will do so, if we have a good-faith belief that use, access,
preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our Users, the public or WantRemote as required or permitted by law.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.
- We may share non-personal data publicly or with partners in order to, for example, show patterns and trends about the general use of our services.
Protecting your information
We take your privacy very seriously, so we take all possible and necessary security measures when collecting and storing your personal information. It’s very important to us to protect our users and WantRemote from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we collect and store. Specifically, we encrypt access to shared data via SSL encrypted protocols. We limit access to your information to WantRemote employees, contractors and agents who require such information in order process it for us. These contractors and agents are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations, and if broken, they may be subject to discipline or termination.
Your freedom of choice
ASMINOG is the controller for the processing of your personal data in WantRemote’s services. Our goal is to be transparent and clear with what we collect and store, so you can make decisions about how it is used or not.
ASMINOG is the data processor for the data collected from your users on your store, or user data that you have sent us.
You have the right at any time, to know what personal information has been stored and can contact us to learn about the contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask it be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. We do not support “do not track” requests.
In addition, for example, you can actively limit the amount of information collected, by setting your browser to block all cookies, including those associated with WantRemote services. Also, if you would prefer not to receive emails regarding updates to our services, you may choose to unsubscribe (from within the email) at any time.
You may request us to remove the personal data processed by us. We remove the requested personal data within reasonable time from the request unless we have statutory obligation to store such data.
Your privacy is of the utmost importance, so if anything remains unclear after reading this Policy, please feel free to contact us at friends [at] wantremote.com